Sunday 7 August 2016

I think it’s different this time...



Here's a poem that I wrote on friendship in September, 2011. It has been almost five years. Today being Friendship Day, it was apt to post this and kick-start my blogging journey. Back then, I had little confidence in my ability to write poems and articles. But my interactions with my friend - Varun motivated me to start and this was my first piece of work.

I think it’s different this time...
I can see, I can feel, I wish I could believe
It’s the past that holds me back, those thoughts hold me back
There’s a deep sense of longing, a deep sense of loss...
Lost you once, lost you twice
I am ready to pay any price,
To ensure there is no thrice
I think it’s different this time...

First, I lost him- my mistake;
Next, I lost her- her mistake
Now, I hope it is not You...
For, I have always had a very few...
While it was Give and only Give in his case,
Take and only Take in her case,
I see a balance here, there is both Give and Take
 No act is a measured one, everything is so natural
That I think it’s different this time...

After two successive losses, it took me some time;
I tried hard to stay away from you
Two whole years... you came into my life so many times
Your promises were like the words inscribed on stone, I thought
Little did I know, you were a passing cloud as no rain you brought
None seemed to last long... Will it be the same with you?
I hope not.... I think it’s different this time...

This time, it’s you who is making the little compromises
I shall not let them go in vain
For I know, when I made such (futile) sacrifices
How difficult it was, to go through the pain
Let me know when I cross the line
When I take away something which is not mine
Something on which I have no right
Please forgive me... let us not fight

The world also thinks it’s different this time...
I don’t feel bad, I know it’s not a crime
I care not, of what people say,
It’s all a part of HIS beautiful play
If it is in our fate, to part; so be it, yet another time...
Yet, we shall be connected by thought
And there shall be no fear of being mocked
Although the time spent could be short, I know about you, a lot
To continue to tell my heart, it was different this time...

At times, I feel... darkness is better than blurred vision
At least it lets you have blind faith
The faith- that starts to fade slowly
When you desperately try to (fore)see in the dim light
Stop! Let me put a stop to these thoughts
Why should I try to connect the dots?
There is a ray of hope, that this time it is not a dope
I think it’s different this time...

It’s as true as GOD’s own word
It’s as pure as Mother’s love
It’s as beautiful as the Nature, itself
No envy, no greed, no negative feeling, whatsoever...
I THINK it’s different this time

But.....
Every single time I have thought so...
It always ended, leaving a scar behind...

However,
 I shall cease not, to hope...
As hope shall translate into reality
The day will come soon...
When I shall THINK not, I shall KNOW, for sure, that
It is indeed different this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What A Sports Day It Was...

'Overwhelmed with joy and a high sense of satisfaction' - that's the state of my mind (or heart?) as the much awaited Sports Da...